We’re all too familiar with Vogue’s fantastic “In the bag” series where we find out about our favourite celebrities’ handbag content – so we thought why not ask the TWC team what’s currently sitting in theirs? Believe it or not, I was *pretty* surprised by some of my co-worker’s handbag essentials and started to wonder whether they would have a similar reaction to mine!
You can learn a lot about people from what they carry inside their bags. From beauty essentials to staying fresh all day long, meaningful mementoes and dietary supplements, here’s a deep dive into our colleagues’ everyday essentials:
What’s in my bag? A pack of cards to challenge someone on a game of hearts…
- A scarf! I never go anywhere without one, even if the forecast is sunny and humid.
- I spend 50% of my time in pubs or on the beach trying to convince my boyfriend to play cards with me, hence why I always carry a pack just in case he’s up for it!
- As I’m sure we all know it’s always best to carry a mask with you at all times.
- You may recall my love for essential oils from previous articles which explains why I always have tea tree and mint essential oils in case of an emergency!
- I also always carry a small deodorant…
- On the beauty side, I don’t usually carry any makeup, but I do tend to pack my travel size raucou oil by Davines. My hair has a personality of its own so I also always have a few hair clips for a bad hair day.
- Finally, to protect my sensitive eyes, I never leave the house without a pair of sunglasses and of course, my wallet!
What’s in my bag? I never leave the house without a hair accessory…
- Post lockdown version and my first night out included the new norm in the shape of a face mask. I rarely carry sanitizer because they’re available at every corner and take too much room in my bag!
- Then I always carry a set of AirPods for long subway or taxi rides – nothing like jamming to your favorite playlist before a night out or catching up on your favorite podcast (mine is The Morning Toast for an instant feel good).
- Beauty wise, I never leave the house without a hair accessory (this time it was a solid hair band for my uncut almost floor length hair).
- For lips, I’m a religious follower of Avène cold cream lip balm, and will top it off with this newly discovered lip stick by Kosas which I’ve worn almost every day during lockdown and will continue to do so in the future.
- Another beauty must have is this RMS buriti bronzer which gives you the perfect bronzed cheekbone effect. I apply it with my ring finger and it softly blends into your skin without looking contoured.
- Lastly, I never go anywhere without a mini version of Tabasco! I collect these on flights or hotel room service and breakfast buffets. You never know when you’ll need some hot sauce and I prefer to come prepared than to be stranded with just salt and pepper.
What’s in my bag? This is my holiday in Spain edition…
- My favourite hand fan (it’s too warm here!).
- Sunglasses of course.
- Face sunscreen to keep topping up when needed and if I’m on the move. I like La Roche Posay as it’s great for more sensitive skin,
- In terms of my beauty essentials for hotter days, I usually pack Benefit’s gogo tint for cheeks and lips, that’s all I need to keep a natural fresh look while I’m on the go.
- A pen! Always comes in handy and I also love to write or draft down ideas.
- Face mask with filter, as we really need to wear them almost all the time here!
- Hand sanitiser with aloe vera as I try to be as eco-friendly as possible.
- And of course the essentials such as my small glittery wallet, my car and house keys and poo bags for my dog Lola!
What’s in my bag? Got to keep those lips healthy…
- Hand hygiene products (an absolute essential for me especially as I live in the city).
- Clarins comfort lip oil and Charlotte Tilbury lipstick in Pillow Talk are both essential for me to keep my lips healthy and glowing.
- My purser – because you never know when you’ll need to make a purchase.
- I also pack a portable dry shampoo in case my hair needs a quick refresh in between meetings or after work for a date night.
- Jo Malone’s Wild Bluebell cologne – my favourite scent ever!
- On the beauty side I always have my Mario Badescu facial spray on hand to refresh my make up so there’s no need to carry an entire make up bag around or reapply during the day.
- And finally, Tisserand high energy pulse oil – I swear by its effectiveness!
What’s in my bag? A kitten, of course…
- Ally purifying alcohol hand mist for obvious reasons.
- Pixi sun mist to top up my SPF throughout the day.
- I usually carry around two pairs of sunglasses (you never know when the sun might shine in the UK).
- Star face pimple patches for skin emergencies, which I swear by.
- Playing cards which has been surprisingly useful!
- On the beauty side, I always have Glossier’s lash slick to tame lashes and brows on the go and Frank cherry balm to hydrate and add colour (tastes delicious, too).
- Another necessary accessory is of course my multi phone charger, and my hair scrunchies from Monki as well as clips from IGK to switch it up throughout the day.
- Finally, my kitten is optional!
We’d love to see what you carry around in your purse all day! Make sure you tag us on IG for a chance to be featured this week.
Shop more of our handbag essentials here
Featured images via TWC
PS: Every single item is independently selected by our editors. Depending on the product, if you buy something through our links, The Weekly Cut may earn an affiliate commission.